Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ring Around the Rosy by Jackie Fullerton




There's nothing like a cozy suspense/mystery with a female sleuth. This book reminded me of the days I used to sit and read Nancy Drew books as a little girl. So much fun. 

Ring Around the Rosy is about Anne, a third year law student who receives frequent visits from her deceased father, in some ways seems convinced she's a private detective or something. Ann and her fiance Jason, head to Florida to visit his family for Thanksgiving. On the morning they are scheduled to arrive, Jason's father finds his wife's best friend murdered and hidden in the bushes of their retirement community. Once Ann and Jason arrives, with the help of her ghostly father, Ann is on a mission to help solve the crime. Her dad tries to warn her that this is even way more out of her league and she should stay away, but to no avail. 

While helping with case, Anne finds herself in a few dangerous situations. Most having to do with the case and one having to do with the handsome detective she finds ever so attractive. But she has to keep reminding herself she's engaged and loves her Jason dearly. 

The story was well written and came together very well. I found myself throughout the book asking questions and imagining myself in Ann's shoe. The book was fast paced and a definite easy read. Being the third book in the Anne Marshall "series", I hope the author will come up with other great crime fighting story-lines to involve Anne in. I enjoyed the book immensely.





DISCLAIMER: I was in no way compensated to review this book. These are my opinions of a book in which I purchased on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment