Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lover Unleashed - JR Ward

  • About the book:
  • Pub. Date: March 2011
  • Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
  • Sold By: Penguin Group
  • Format: NOOKbook (eBook) 

Payne, twin sister of Vishous, is cut from the same dark, seductive cloth as her brother. Imprisoned for eons by their mother, the Scribe Virgin, she finally frees herself-only to face a devastating injury. Manuel Manello, M.D., is drafted by the Brotherhood to save her as only he can-but when the human surgeon and the vampire warrior meet, their two worlds collide in the face of their undeniable passion. With so much working against them, can love prove stronger than the birthright and the biology that separates them?

My Thoughts:
OMG, that's all I have to say. I've said this before and I will say it again, I don't particularly like reviewing series' but I have to do this one. I just have to say I love the brothers of The Black Dagger Brotherhood. They are intense with everything they do. 


After reading Lover Mine and realizing at the end what the next installment was going to be about, I wasn't so thrilled. I mean seriously, after reading all the brothers' stories and getting snippets of Qhuinn and Blay, why would I want to read about a human surgeon and the twin sister of one of the brothers who had been in suspended animation for centuries. Well, well, I am glad that I wasn't so un-thrilled that I decided to give up on the series. I was captivated and tense throughout the whole story. JR Ward does it again.


Lover Unleashed is the story of Payne, Vishous' twin sister and the human surgeon, Manny who she calls her healer. At the end of Lover Mine we found Payne in the human world with a spinal injury after sparring with Wrath in the Chosen world. The only chance they have is to get the human surgeon who's memories they scrubbed a year ago and who was also Jane's boss at the hospital. 


The intensity of Manny and Payne's relationship and healing process was well, intense. I don't know what else to say without giving away the story. Then we also see more of Vishous' relationship with Butch and the emotional turmoil that he has been going through and putting himself through for years. The bond between Vishous and Butch is just so real and so strong, it's like they share a brain. They just understand each other and will do anything for the other. Then we get a peek at Qhuinn and the emotions of his choices made me want to cry a little. 
Ward also introduced a few new characters and I can't wait to see where she goes with their story. I'm also hoping that she will write a novella for Qhuinn and Blay.

Once again JR Ward does not disappoint with Lover Unleashed.


DISCLAIMER: I was in no way compensated to review this book. These are my opinions of a book in which I purchased on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment