Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Strangers On a Bus - Robblogger

About the Book:
From Amazon.com
Robb is crushed by a failed relationship with the love of his life and finds himself unexpectedly on a long bus trip from his adopted home in the U.S. back to his native Canada.

At the first stop in NYC, a girl gets on and so begins a contemplation of life, love, and strange events that will bring tears of laughter streaming down your face.

Is this girl Robb's real true love or just a rebound? How far can they get on a bus ride anyway?

This is a true story.

Special bonus excerpt of Robb's upcoming book is included: Robb and The Bible: Robb Does Genesis.
My Thoughts: My initial thought about Strangers on a Bus, when asked if I could review the book was "I hope this is as funny or funnier than his first book." The title of the book had me thinking twice about the humor because, well, I think riding the bus is CREEPY. I must say the author did not disappoint me. Strangers on a Bus to me opened up to belly busting laughter. I started reading the book at work on my lunch and my co-workers were looking at me crazy because I was laughing so hard. I think the story was even funnier to me because a)I have similar thoughts and b)having lived in the NY/NJ area where Robb began his bus journey, I could visualize what he was writing.


The basis of the story is about Robb journaling his trip back to his hometown in Canada after breaking up with his girlfriend and the people he encountered including a girl we will call Gertrude and his "like" for her. Robb wrote the story the way he was thinking at the time. And, I love the way he thinks and puts his words together. There are so many sections of the book that I could put in for you to get a snippet of his humor but I would be putting in most if not all of the book. I don't believe there was a chapter I didn't find funny. I think if you like a good humorous book, Strangers on a Bus is one to pick up, you will not be disappointed. 


You can also find the author's blog http://inspiredbycaffeinenicotine.blogspot.com/
You can purchase the book here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004UIDETC/

I GIVE THIS BOOK:

DISCLAIMER: I was in no way compensated to review this book. These are my opinions of a book given to me by the author for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment