Thursday, November 11, 2010

Friday Blog Hop

In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Crazy for Books is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word!  This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books!  It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read!  So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!

The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun!  This is a weekly event!  And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added!  We get over 200 links every week!! 


RULES:


Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.
 
1.  Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below
In your link, please state the main genre that you review:  eclectic, contemp. fiction, ya, paranormal, mystery, non-fiction, etc.

Please do not list every genre you review - if you are review a variety, please put eclectic!  The Hop gets jumbled up if the title is too long, so please limit to one genre.  I will be limiting the number of characters in the title to ensure the Hop doesn't look messy!  Thank you!

Example:  Crazy-for-Books (eclectic adult fiction) 
NOTE:   You no longer have to enter the length of time you've been blogging, but do let us know if this is your first time hopping with us! 

2. Post about the Hop on your blog.  Spread the word about the book party!  The more the merrier!  In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!).  If you have a suggestion for a future HOP question, click here to fill out the form!  Thanks!

This week's question comes from Christina who blogs at All About YA Books:

"If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?"


My answer:  Yes.  I cannot read books out of order. I will sometimes even buy the whole series just to make sure that I have them all at once.

3.  Visit other blogs in the Linky List!  Make new friends!  Follow new book bloggers!  Talk about books!  Rave about authors!  Take the time to make a quality visit!  Check out other posts and content, make a new friend!  Don't randomly follow someone if you never intend on actually following them!  No spamming please!  (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)


And just as an FYI - this event is not something you should feel that you have to participate in every week.  If you want to join in and link up once a month, GREAT!  It's up to you how often you participate!

So, have fun HOPPING and enjoy your BOOK PARTY weekend!!!



14 comments:

  1. Wow you buy the whole series1 I wish I was more committed(and not a cheapskate) Lately I have forced myself to buy books for .01-99. Probably
    why I have yet to finish series!Thanks for linking up with me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there...stopping by via the hop. I feel the same way - I have to start at the beginning and it's only on rare occasion that I don't. I have been known the buy all the books I need to read a series in order. My full answer can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by! My book budget is very sad. I'm getting sad telling everyone that :( Oh, and I never start in the middle of a series. I'm just not that spontaneous. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping by.... I'm with you...I have to start with book one. Hope you come by and see my answer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you - I can only read books in a series in order. Otherwise I feel like I'm missing something and I hate to miss anything :)

    So glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, I don't have a book budget at the moment. Luckily, I do get quite a few freebies a month, so that helps!!

    Great blog!!

    Girls with Books
    Teen Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can dive right into the middle of a book series if the series' story
    doesn't run chronologically.

    That is to say, if each novel in a series is a stand-alone story (like Lee
    Child's Reacher novels) then I don't feel the need to start with book one.

    On the other hand, a series of books (like Richard Hatch's Battlestar
    Galactica novels) can't be read out of sequence since each new book builds
    upon the story of the previous entry in the series.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through and now following you! Your blog is so cute :)

    I cannot read a book series out of order. Why that would even be considered and option is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Book hopping through! Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted to say hi. Please stop by and say hi do my poll and giveaway for books.
    Depends on how many are in the stories and if they are in the same stories and stand alone otherwise no I spend about 50 a month on books
    Thanks
    LORA1967
    http://readforyourfuture.blogspot.com/
    chaarmedone1512@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Just hopping around to say hi this is my first blog hop. I do books sometimes but right now I'm giving away a really nice pair of Bushnell binoculars. Really. Come on over and hi high and check out my site. Refer your hubby boyfriend or just your friend that hunt. I always start with the first one in a series.
    Thanks This is fun
    Broncomax93
    http://hillbillyhunter.blogspot.com/
    Bronchomax93@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi and thanks for stopping by RBtWBC! And I am totally with you, I have spent a TON buying whole series from one books just so I could start at the begging. HON for one! =) I HAVE to start at book 1.
    Have a lovely weekend, happy reading!

    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from the Blog Hop.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer to this week's question.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting my blog! I am insanely anal about reading books in order!!

    ReplyDelete