Thursday, November 25, 2010

Random Thought

I hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving had a wonderful day. This is my favorite time of year besides summer. Although I hate the commercialization of Christmas, I love the holiday. I like the smell of Christmas trees, I love holiday music and I love to look at the lights and decorations on people's houses. I also like that it's a low period at work for me...LOL


Anyway, the point of this post is to find out how often people go through dry spells in reading. When they do go through one, what do they do to get back in the swing of things? I think I may be going through a dry spell. Everything I've tried to read in the last two weeks have been nothing but the sound of Charlie Brown's teacher in my head. The bad part about it is that these books have gotten great reviews and under normal circumstances would catch my interest. I'm not sure what's wrong. I thought that once I was done with school I would have so much more time to read and would be able to put a dent in my TBR pile. Anyone have any advice?

4 comments:

  1. That happened to me a while back. I just read a tiny bit every day and did a lot of other things, like get caught up on some movies I wanted to watch and stuff like that. It eventually passed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm going to try really hard to read a few pages tonight. I really should be sleeping now though, gotta get up in a few hours

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know I am having the same issue. If I figure it out you will be the first to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been in a dry spell for a very long time. I need to pick up a book and read again!

    ReplyDelete